Make fresh concrete and Screed even better now with AREXAL® liquid X liquid additive! The product is added to provide concrete for structural and civil engineering applications with greater durability in structures historically subject to accelerated deterioration, to provide greater protection against reinforcing steel corrosion, and to replace additional exterior waterproofing. This inorganic, copolymeric and liquid additive is capable of chemically reacting with Portland Cement thereby improving the properties of concrete at all stages of its production = makes concrete more compact, stable and resistant to abrasion. As a result, new construction projects are more durable from the start and require less subsequent protective measures. Lower maintenance and repair requirements also reduce future maintenance costs tremendously!
For demanding projects - AREXAL® liquid X improves your fresh concrete and Screed!
For almost 70 years, this product has been used in major projects worldwide and can now also be used in refurbishment projects.
Typical applications for our additive include projects such as highway construction, airport runways, parking garages, foundations, exterior walls and floor slabs in the ground, sewage treatment plants, underground vaults, tanks and pits, swimming pools, pressure mats, water storage tanks, tunnels, bridge structures (precast and cast-in-place), curbs and gutters, sidewalks, manholes, catch basins, water parks, monuments and dams.
The crystalline high-performance additive - makes concrete waterproof
The secret in liquid X is the silicates (water glass), which become a permanent part of your building and are absolutely invisible, odourless, without any vapours and thus absolutely ecological and approved for drinking water. So they are always there to effectively protect your building.
The main advantages of AREXAL® liquid X in fresh concrete:
- Contains no calcium chloride (or other chloride ions)
- Lower spread concrete is easier to mix, pump and compact
- Lower water/cement ratio
- Very cohesive, thus no voids and cavities
- Lower water segregation (bleeding) and therefore faster finish
- Excellent workability due to better flow and smoothing properties
- reduces efflorescence and exhibits increased resistance to chloride ion penetration - it does not wear like a coating (AASHTO T259-78)
- minimal separation during curing
- significantly reduces shrinkage
- lower controlled evolution of hydration heat
- extreme resistance to hydrostatic pressure on positive (active) and negative side
- Self-healing effect for cracks up to 0.4 mm
- No powder, therefore can be dispensed easily, safely and without lumps
- the concrete's abrasion resistance is increased by up to 29%
- needs no costly additional work
- is easier and cheaper to apply than conventional waterproofing
- becomes an integral part of the concrete, therefore permanently effective
The main advantages in hardened concrete:
The entire concrete is WD (watertight) and not only WU (watertight) (WU=DIN= penetration depth allowed up to 5.0 cm).
- higher compressive strength (At the same spread and air void content)
- Meets the requirements of ASTM C 494, chemical admixtures for concrete, type A
- positive effect on all physical properties
- Waterproof under hydrostatic pressure up to 7 bar, more than 100 psi (0.7 MPa)
- provides a completely watertight mass
- tight even against radon gas
- Hard durable surfaces are resistant to sanding or spalling
- Surfaces are also highly resistant to chipping and wear
- eliminates the formation of condensation in the pore matrix, resulting in excellent freeze/thaw resistance
With AREXAL®-liquid X, the penetration depth of water at a permanent water pressure of 7 bar is at most 1.8 cm!
The product is so convincing that there is a 25-year guarantee on all concrete components that have been coated with AREXAL®-liquid X.
The following is a summary of some of the tests done with liquid X concrete.
|Permeability of liquid X concrete vs.
Compared to normal concrete,
F(c)= 4000 psi (28 N/mm2)
Modified CRD-C 48-55 test procedure.
||Depth of penetration reduced by 84 %; volume of water penetrated reduced by 98 %.
|Compressive strength, psi, ASTM C 39 minimum
||110 % to comparative concrete on 3-, 7-, 28-day specimens
|Tensile flexural strength, psi, ASTM C 78 3, 7, 28-
||All values determined greater than comparison samples (air void content and
spreading dimension equal)
|Length change, ASTM C157
||With liquid X approximately 25% less shrinkage
|Adhesion to rebar, psi, ASTM C 234
|Hydration-heat, cal. /g., ASTM C186
||liquid X shows 13% less heat of hydration
|Capillary water uptake, %
||liquid X has 48 % compared to the control concrete at 12 mm
submersion and 44 % compared to the control concrete at 140 mm
|Freeze-thaw durability, AASHTO
T161, 300 cycles
||101.2% of zero sample
|Resistance of concrete to chloride ion.
Penetration, AASHTO T259-78/T260-78
||75 % greater than zero sample
|Reduction of alkali silicate-.
Expansion reaction, %, ASTM C 441
||47 % less expansion than zero sample
Test result of the radiological examination with regard to the sealing effect against radon gas (extract). Testing of the product AREXAL® liquid X as an additive in fresh concrete for floor slabs (e.g. own home) 06/2021 at a dosage as follows: 1 mass percent of the cement used of the concrete additive added in the fresh concrete.
In addition to the 5 l and 25 l canisters, the following packaging units can also be supplied for larger projects: 200 l drum, 1000 l disposable container. Ask us about it.
The AREXAL®-liquid X admixture is added to the concrete at the construction site, ready-mix concrete plant, or precast plant. A trained employee of the construction company or a technician from laguz-waterproof.com should add AREXAL®-liquid X to the concrete.
Stirring AREXAL®-liquid X. Continue mixing until uniform white consistency. AREXAL®-liquid X is added to the concrete at a dosage of 0.9 l per 100 kg of cement. After adding liquid X to the mixer of a ready-mix concrete truck, the concrete must be mixed for five minutes at maximum speed.
The concrete mix is designed, processed and cured according to valid DIN regulations of the respective country.
For your consideration, normal procedures for processing concrete, as described in the ACI Manual of Concrete Practice, are to be followed when handling, placing, processing, and finishing of AREXAL®-liquid X concrete. To achieve the optimum mechanical properties, full compaction is required. The curing procedures as described in the ACI
Manual of Concrete Practice (latest edition), must also be followed. Ensure that no additional mixing water is added. Addition of water at this point will negate the beneficial effects of AREXAL®-liquid X and possibly void the warranty.
There are no reviews yet.